- Intern Pursuit Wins Grant from City of Orlando's Technology Community Support Program
- Intern Pursuit Invited to Join Orlando Economic Partnership's Orlando Tech Council
- Celebrating Nat'l Farmworker Women's Health Week
The EPA's ENERGY STAR certifies achievement of an actual level of energy performance. RCC and PNS have long presented their energy data for assessment through the ENERGY STAR process, and both utilized the EPA tools for measurement and to record continuous improvement. The experience of year-after-year measurable ENERGY STAR progress led to the achievement of dual ISO 50001 certifications of the plants' energy management systems. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy, ISO 50001 is an Energy Management System standard that is established as a voluntary program of best practices in continuous energy improvement.
"From 2009 forward, we have gone "all in" with an energy management focus which we are proud to report has resulted in these terrific distinctions," says Zaklina Stamboliska, Vice President of Cement Manufacturing. "The successive ENERGY STAR wins and ISO 50001 certifications – the only cement company so recognized – are extremely gratifying. Titan wants to continue to lead in this important area."
ENERGY STAR provides manufacturers with resources for improving the energy performance of manufacturing plants. Plants use ENERGY STAR energy performance indicators (EPIs) to assess how their energy use compares to plants with similar operating characteristics. Plants with a verified energy performance score of 75 out of 100 or higher are eligible for ENERGY STAR certification, meaning that they perform better than 75 percent of plants within their industry. ENERGY STAR certification is available for 20 manufacturing sectors, from cement, steel, and glass to commercial bakeries.
More on virginir.com
- American Woodmark Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter Conference Call On The Internet
- 2020 Ad-to-Sales Ratio Benchmarks
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- IronNet and Dragos Launch Joint Initiative to Provide Integrated Cybersecurity Protection for Critical Infrastructure
"These forward-looking businesses have demonstrated that economic development and job creation go hand-in-hand with environmental progress," said EPA Administrator, Michael S. Regan. "The transition to a clean energy economy is happening now, as partnerships like ENERGY STAR encourage companies to go the extra mile, bringing innovation, cost-savings and pollution reductions in return."
In its March 18, 2021 press release, the EPA also highlights, "Energy efficiency is an important decarbonization strategy for the industrial sector, which emits nearly a third of U.S. total greenhouse gas emissions. To make the crucial reductions in industrial greenhouse gas emissions necessary—and enable a transition to a clean energy economy—manufacturing plants must significantly increase the energy efficiency of their operations."
"More and more of our constituents – customers, government and shareowners – look critically to the important environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices like overall energy efficiency," says
George Pantazopoulos, Senior Vice President of Cement Operations and Corporate Engineering. "The directive to achieve excellence in these areas comes from the highest levels in our organization." Titan America is aligned with the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and has set its own sustainability targets most relevant to its business. These include a goal of carbon neutrality by 2050.
"We will not rest on our laurels," says Chris Bayne, Corporate Energy Manager, who led the ISO 50001 and ENERGY STAR projects. "The focus going forward will be on the important innovation at the finish mills and pyro processes, which account for 70 percent of the electricity used and 99 percent of the thermal energy."
More on virginir.com
- Genworth Financial Postpones Planned IPO of Enact
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- DXC Technology to Report Fourth Quarter 2021 Results on Wednesday, May 26 and Host Investor Day on Thursday, June 17, 2021
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR® is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing simple, credible, and unbiased information that consumers and businesses rely on to make well-informed decisions. Thousands of industrial, commercial, utility, state, and local organizations—including about 40 percent of the Fortune 500®—rely on their partnership with the EPA to deliver cost-saving energy efficiency solutions. Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped American families and businesses avoid more than $450 billion in energy costs and achieve 4 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas reductions.
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is an independent, non-governmental international organization with a membership of 161 national standards specialists. ISO brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market-relevant International Standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges.
About the Plants
RCC and PNS are subsidiaries of Titan America, LLC (http://www.titanamerica.com), a leading heavy building materials producer in the eastern United States. Titan America is headquartered in Norfolk, VA and its products include cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. Its parent company, Titan Cement International, S.A., (www.titan-cement.com), headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, is a participant of the UN Global Compact, the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, based on companies' commitments to implement universal sustainability principles and to support the UN goals.
CONTACT: Mary Beth Kramer
SOURCE Titan America, LLC
Filed Under: Business
Latest on virginir.com
- Neustar's Michael Kaczmarek Named a Ponemon Fellow
- Restaurateur Leads African American Initiative to Endorse Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams
- SkyePoint Decisions Named Finalist for Moxie Award
- ElevenSight Named TiE50 Award Winner at TiEcon 2021
- An Inventory System that Brings Historical Data Back to the Present
- Sidow Sobrino drops "Spin & Dance"
- New UV inkjet primer for stainless steel tumblers and metal drink-ware from Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc
- Software AG and Vanson Bourne survey: organizations combining API management with microservices will have competitive advantage, say 93% of global IT leaders
- EquityPlus Completes "4% Floor" $16 Million Bond Sale To Finance Senior Citizen Affordable Housing And Community Wellness Center
- Abdelaziz Ali Elsanjak MD is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- Haddonfield Living Magazine Features Owners of Boutique Real Estate Agency in May 2021 Edition
- Raytheon Selects CAES Technology for Low Earth Orbit Satellite Demonstration
- Ya se viene Agile World en Español!
- Lifetimeaward by Telewellness sponsoring LSX Healthspan show along with industry leaders
- Charleston Entrepreneur, Blake Miller, Increases Stake in Charleston Roofs and Windows
- ASI Government Awarded Treasury Department Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year for 2020
- Registration Now Available for Open Apereo 2021!
- 20 National Finalist Teams Advance in the 19th Annual eCYBERMISSION Competition
- Celebrating Nat'l Farmworker Women's Health Week
- African Crypto Exchange Processes Over $3.2 billion in Transactions, Announces Global Expansion