- AP Exam preparation tutoring is now available at vRealm
- Putting a Stop to the Dropout Crisis: Stride Doubles Down on Academic Excellence with Graduation Guarantee
- Announcing the Summer 2021 Historic Andon Lantern Festival
A 17-year veteran of teaching, Tucker has served the last five years as STEAM Specialist (K-5)/ Instructional Facilitator of Technology (K-5 and Professional Development)/Gifted Teacher (K-5 and Professional Development)/Intervention Coordinator, and STEAM Curriculum Consultant at Hillsboro Charter Academy, Hillsboro, Va.
"Ms. Tucker, our 2021 National Teacher of the Year, is another great STEM educator selected to be a part of AFA's prestigious Teacher of the Year program," said Jim Hannam, AFA Vice Chairman of Aerospace Education. "All of the finalists were outstanding, enthusiastic instructors and it was a tough call for our team to make from among the fantastic nominees across the states and overseas. Infected with what she calls 'aviation fascination,' Ms. Tucker is an exemplary representative of America's innovative teachers for AFA and Rolls-Royce."
More on virginir.com
- LL Flooring Appoints Technology Executive Ashish Parmar to Its Board of Directors
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
- Hometown Mission Hits Homerun in Long Beach, CA
- CyberPatriot Introduces Tech Caregiver Program: Protects Senior Citizens from Cyberattacks
Nominated by AFA Gabriel Chapter #433, Chapter President Mike Winters met Ms. Tucker when she invited him to participate in a "Flight Funday."
"I have participated in many programs that aim to inspire a passion for the STEM fields," Winters said. "None of these could hold a candle to Megan's infectious enthusiasm that spread through the whole school! It is all the more impressive that she is able to bring this enthusiasm down to the elementary school level. The Air Force Association is blessed to have a teacher so dedicated to teaching aviation fundamentals through a school-wide elementary STEM program. She is truly making a positive impact on the future of Air & Space Power at the earliest stage of learning."
Ms. Tucker achieved her bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and her master's degree in Science Education.
"We congratulate Megan Tucker for this well-deserved recognition as AFA's National Teacher of the Year," said Darryl Roberson, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President, and Air Force Lt. Gen. (Ret.). "Her enthusiasm and excitement inspire her students, and her focus on aerospace will help foster the next generation of scientists and technology leaders required by the Air Force and industry. Rolls-Royce is proud to support Megan and all teachers recognized in the National Teacher of the Year program, and to support AFA's Aerospace Education program as platinum sponsor."
More on virginir.com
- SHRM Foundation Launches Inaugural Tharseō Awards to Recognize Leaders Who Are Boldly Changing the Workplace
- History Making Footwear Startup, TRONUS Celebrates Super Successful First Year In Business
- BOUDOIR, an award-winning psychological horror short directed by Gina Lee Ronhovde is now streaming on Bitpix
- NetImpact Launches DX360°, a Set of Comprehensive Digital Transformation (DX) Disruptors
- RSI Alumnus Receives Prestigious Scholarship
The second and third place winners for AFA National Teachers of the Year presented by Rolls-Royce are:
Second Place Winner
Cranbrook Kingswood Middle School for Girls
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Third Place Winner
Amesbury Middle School
The Air Force Association is grateful to its Aerospace Education Program Platinum sponsor, Rolls-Royce, for their continued sponsorship of the AFA Teacher of the Year program, allowing the program to continue honoring educational innovators in STEM. The AFA Teacher of the Year program dates back to the early 1990s when the mission to recognize classroom teachers (K-12) for their innovative and successful instructional programs originally began.
The Air Force Association is a non-profit, independent, professional military and aerospace education association. Our mission is to promote dominant U.S. Air and Space Forces as the foundation of a strong National Defense; to honor and support our Airmen, Guardians, and their Families; and to remember and respect our enduring Heritage.
SOURCE Air Force Association
Filed Under: Business
Latest on virginir.com
- GrooveCar Direct Announces 8 New Credit Union Partnerships in Q2 2021
- Home of Glamour And Roaring Twenties History Enters The Housing Market
- New Adjustable Boat Fender Hanger Design Coming in 2021
- VTG Wins NSWC Port Hueneme Prime Contract to Equip More Ships With Innovative Counter-UAS Laser
- LL Flooring to Report Second Quarter 2021 Results on August 4, 2021
- MIT Alumna hosts Growth Marketing Conference to assist Founders and CEOs Reach More Clients and Investors
- Spok Announces 2021 Annual Meeting Results
- People Believe Online Lenders are Less Discriminatory Against Applicants Due to Race or Ethnicity, According to New Survey Data
- New Classroom and Conference Rental Space Available in Virginia Beach Virginia
- Alternative And Hip Hop Rapper/Singer LilTonyRose Releases New Music
- Award-Winning Accessories and Beauty Brand Sassy Jones Launches Statement-Making and Size-Inclusive Clothing Line
- VORAGO Technologies announces low-cost and immediately available rad-tolerant hi-rel MCU for New Space, LEO market
- Cute Round Frog Plush Toys Kickstarter
- Miniature Embedded Linux Systems For Automotive And Industrial CAN Bus Applications
- NACCE announces STRIVE Consortium rollout in partnership with The Institute for Veterans & Military Families
- Owens & Minor will Report Second Quarter Financial Results on Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- KLDiscovery Appoints Danny Zambito as Chief Operating Officer
- CAES Receives Contract from Vinnova to Advance High Performance RISC-V Space Computing
- Regent Surgical Health Welcomes CIO Rusty Strange to Leadership Team